Friday 18 November 2011

Today I ate a foie gras hamburger in Carmes, Toulouse

It was D I V I N E. The meat was cooked to perfection (a point), with the right amount of essential herbs and spices, and I'm just quietly wondering whether a little foie gras wasn't tossed into the meat mixture, as it was unbelievably creamy and melty. 

The layers were, in order:
  • bun
  • cheese, possibly ementhal
  • tomato
  • a large dressed salad leaf
  • the hamburger pattie that could have had a little foie gras mixed in with it, cooked by the angels
  • a slice or two of foie gras, just because
  • another slice of cheese, but of undetermined variety
  • bun
and was served with a healthy dressed green salad with cold oven-roasted tomatoes and sliced red onion, with a few chunky fries on the side.

My friend and I both ordered this, on the name alone, and both felt more than replete at the end of the meal, sadly unable to force any mousse au chocolat down into our protesting bellies. Just enough room for a decaf coffee though, and we staggered off on our respective ways.

The restaurant is called 'Le Comptoir a la Une'. Take a peek next time you hop off the Toulouse metro at Carmes. (11 Place des Carmes 31000 Toulouse 05 61 53 86 30)

I only had a salad for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment